lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Tuesday, May 23, 2006


I've been up reading blogs this morning. The theme seems to be words: words that hurt, words of advice, words to live by. Why do let words control our lives? We worry about what to say, when to say it, where to say it, how will they respond?
Why do words have so much power? Why do words seem stronger than actions so many times? A child of mine will call me totally stressed over a "wrong done to her" we spend a lot of time talking about it, it takes about 30 min of talk to undo 30 seconds of a bad action or a bad word.
When I do collages I often will put in one word of inspiration to enhance the art work.
Maybe we should work on talking less, listening more and thinking positively about ourselves and others more.
I think this is especially true of young adults and preteens, they should not be allowed to talk until they are 45.

3 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    Nice post.If they werent allowed to talk until age forty-five, they would probably talk nonstop for about a year just to catch up. :)

     
  • At May 23, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger lesbopatticakes said…

    My kid was in the hopsital in Germany with noone to speak to when she got out she spoke non stop for 3 weeks

     
  • At June 06, 2006 1:07 AM, Blogger Lady Prism said…

    you have a very good point ma'am....I just said something I shouldn't have to someone at home...now I have to find the right words to undo the wrong word I said...but now that I've read this...I'll bring back a load of pizza instead...

    more than words...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home