lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Friday, January 13, 2006

I've just gotten out of bed, the house is cold and it's much warmer in bed. I have had time to think and reflect. I read addicts tale of Spokane and her changing her memories of her past. I have some of those "bad" memories" that I keep trying to forget but they weren't of childhood but rather of adulthood. I married at 20 (going on 13 I think) to my abuser. I had to marry because I didn't have the courage to just move out (no babies involved in this relationship!) I was very sheltered growing up I didn't know drinking a case of beer wasn't normal, my parents didn't drink. We moved out of town very quickly, then our families didn't know what was happening. I was ready for the adventure. Life wasn't bad for the first year just lots of drinking, I came to the belief that it is easier to join them then fight them. I drank a lot then too. We did a lot of moving, my saving grace was Nathan our dog. He would protect me from HIM. I survived 3 years of emotional abuse, my nickname was Shit for Brains. I began to believe him, I felt stupid and worthless and I would do what he wanted. The last year things got very physical, he tried killing me 3 times. The dog died and after the last time he tried to kill me I finally ran away. I never told my family what happened to me. to this day they all think I left him because of his drinking. Until the last year (this all happened 30 years ago) if I saw him I would run the other direction..I was afraid of him.the irony of it is he is 5 ft 4 and a 110 pounds! His father died and I went to the funeral. I didn't speak to anyone but I let go of a lot of hate and anger that I was holding inside.
I have helped other women in these situations but never forgave myself for being in that situation. I finally have. I told my daughter #3 about this and this helped some.
I still don't want to remember most of it but it is over now and it's time to forgive myself for being human.

2 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Gary said…

    I have always wondered what goes through someone's mind when they are being abusive.

     
  • At January 14, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Gil said…

    Thanks for sharing. Each person has its own past dark past as a matter of fact but we have to learn from those experieces and hopefully twist it so as not do it all over again.
    Also just to say Thanks for checking my photoblog and I am glad you find it to your taste.

    Cheer Up,

    Gil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home