lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Talked to kid # 2 while she was waiting to fly off to see #3. she is so opposite of her twin ---she is at the airport 2.5 hours early, the other one missed her flight and almost didn't make it back to the ship on time...her luggage didn't.
How did we end up with 3 different children who were raised exactly the same? I look at number 1 kid she is so much like her father it is scary, if she weren't into God she would be into drugs. She handles money just like dear old dad too. I am grateful I love her Dad or it would be hard to be around her. (we've been divorced for years)
Some days I deal with guilt of the way my children were raised. They are good kids in spite of their early years of parenting.
I worry about all three of them. I wonder will they ever mature and be able to have good relationships with a partner? Have the parental divorces screwed them up in the trust department? I can't take responsibility for them, they are all adults who are good people--- none have been arrested, divorced, married, preggers etc etc. so what am I worried about? I hate it when they PMS (daughters are so much fun) and call me, I do buy into their shit sometimes...Ok enough of the pity pot I am grateful for all my kiddies and my wife and the dogs and the boy
I just have too much time to think
got to stay out of my head it can be a dangerous neighborhood to be in!!!

1 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2006 5:51 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    I never had kids. I do not allow myself to have regrets about anything, so I don't regret it. But I would like to think If I did, I would be a good parent like you obviously are. There's luck in parenting, Im sure, but when kids turn out right, parents usually have a lot to do with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home