lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I have survived 3 days of school. What I group I am starting with. Day one R cried or whimpered the entire 3.5 hours, once he got on the bus he was quiet. Maria sobbed and Luis just sat there with tears running down his cheeks. Only one parent cried!
But I am blessed, 60% of my kids speak English. I even have some who can write their names! whoo hoo!
I'm down to just one crier a day, a silent one at that.
The biggest issue is the drama queen, who thinks the world revolves around her. She is an only child and boy does it ever show. It is so hard I don't want to break spirit just teach the kids how to conform to the expectations of the education system. That sounds horrible, but when it is 20 to 1 I have to have some control in the classroom. But I have to admit that it is almost funny to watch. I can tell what she gets away with home. I am grateful that I don't have her at home.
3 days down 185 to go!
yahoo!!!! I can't wait to watch them grow!

1 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Gary said…

    It is hard to believe sometimes that kids that young have learned how to control adults, but control them they do. And now YOU have to deal with it. Maybe she'll get better. I hope so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home