lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I have survived the first 2 days back to work. I started Monday with a parent at my door at 7:30 (they know I get there early) One of my students father has an aggressive case of cancer and is not expected to live very long. He was diagnosed days before his new baby was born. That certainly put my priorities in place. To be 27 and know you only have a few weeks to live----- so the first day was just visit, remember what we do at school and how to speak English again, let alone read it.
Then this morning I got about 4 blocks from home and realized I forgot my glasses (I wear them all the time) I figured I would just drive without and teach with sunglasses on no problem....Well my cell rang the alarm was going off at my house. I have a poodle we could call Houdini I don't know how he is getting in the house when I lock him out..He set off the alarm. Not a good start but at least I know I can always start my day over and I did. We had so much fun at work, I love my job (just not the mornings lately) I realize part of the morning problem is that J. Isn't home and I am a single mom of 3 dogs. I think the girls were easier they at least could follow directions. I don't know how I did it when I was a single mom with 2 four year olds and a 6 year old. No wonder after 2.5 years when their dad wanted to have full custody I said OK. Hats off to all single parents, I forgot what it was like. I guess it's a good thing we forget the hard parts huh? Looking forward to being back with the kids tomorrow. Can't wait for wifey poo to get home!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home