lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Wednesday, September 13, 2006





I spent the weekend in San Diego, the scenery was varying to say the least. Had Breakfast at the beach, going home saw a fire on the grapevine, coming down the hill saw burned fields and then the long expanse of the valley made green by careful watering and care.
That is symbolic of life this weekend. We had to go to SD to go to d's funeral. There was the harshness of reality, and gaining a sense of mortality. His mother is my age and she was saying good bye to her son.
The fire reminded me of how sometimes we need to get rid of the overgrowth and dead items in our lives to make way for the new. The green growth shows what love and care can produce. I still haven't been able to cry yet. The last really good cry I had was 9 years ago. the time before that was when my mother died. I spent the first 3 years of my soberity crying, I think I don't have any tears left. i would love a good cry sometime. I should be carfeul waht I ask for I may get it!
Today I see changes in the kids at work. In the morning for 2 weeks, I work with 2nd & 3rd graders. We work on getting stronger in the basics, helping to shore up the foundation that is weak. the afternoon is spent with 6th graders. Attitude with an A but still sweet, today they got excited about doing long division. Tomorrow they want to do fractions! More foundation work!
I need to remember these lessons!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger lesbopatticakes said…

    thanks sometimes I forget what I need to know

     
  • At September 14, 2006 3:51 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    I am fascinated with the subject of learning. Most of the things we learn are learned in tiny stages and as we build a foundation, that allows us to learn more about the subject. I know gardening is that way. At least it is for me.

    I wish I could see San Diego again. I saw it once about 30 years ago. It was just a quick drive through. I would like to spend at least a couple of days there, maybe more.

    Glad you are blogging again. I hope you are having a nice week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home