lesbopatticakes

a woman learning life one day at a time just trying to stay out of my head on the way

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Yesterday we did the tradition of sister shopping. Every year we go to San Fransico women's fine art festival. The art is 1st class and awe inspiring, plus it feels great to be in an environment of 99% women and very few children. I love children but I also crave adult conversation.
I am much more mother earth feminist than either of my sisters (actually than my wife and family) so I love these goings ons.
But we left the blissful world of women to the crazy world of Union Square. Emily in Macy's at Union Square there are 3 different MAC counters on different floors...we would never see you aor Misty again.
My sisters are both power shoppers...wow but I enjoyed the people watching. It is amazing to me how much money we drop on "junk" and how materialistic children have become. I want this I want that you didn't spend enough money on me sisters got more. What are we doing to our children? There is no shortage of disposal income in SF on a Saturday night let me tell you. We came away with a full car load of bags. In defense of my sisters 2/3 of those bags are clothes for children in their schools. Old Navy had a great sale going on!
It was a great day leaving town at 7am and returning at 11:30pm
today we do our family thanksgiving...tortilla soup and quesidas didn't anyone tell my family we are scotirish? have a great weekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home